LOGIN     NIRF    IQAC         

LIBRARY NEWS & NOTICE | View All



HPM LIBRARY & MUSEUM

History and Origin of Library

The name of the college library is Hiranya Probha Memorial Library and Museum donated by Late P.C. Barooah, M.P. and the then president of G.B. in memory of his wife Hiranya Probha which is situated on the Eastern bank of the historically famous Joysagar Tank one of the largest man-made tank standing about 4 (four) kilometers away from Sivasagar town. The scenic beauty and calmness enthrall the visitors and is providing support in building a healthy and prosperous environment since its inception. Although the present infrastructure and status of the Library cum Museum is a matter of envy, its growth to the present state is the result of generous donation of a number of well-wishers of the locality. This building was formally opened by Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, Vice-president of the Union of India on 30th December 1958. This old building was renovated by J.K. Barooah worthy son of original donor in 1999.

Library Building

The Library building has two parts. The Old part is an Assam type building consists of Reading hall, Stack Area and Teacher’s Reading room. The New Part has a duplex building. The Ground floor of new part consists of Museum and Manuscripts Section, Internet Section, Journal Section, Back volume Section, Newspaper Section, and Reference Section and Circulation section. The First floor consists of Librarian’s room and Rare book Section. The area of the library building is 6600 sq ft. The total seating capacity of the reading room is 250.

Museum

Copyright © 2022 Sibsagar College
Powered By S.S. Technologies